Hi TBSH friends! Angela here. Have you gotten most of your Christmas shopping done? Are you ready for the kids to be out of school? I can’t believe the time is here! Why does it always seem to sneak up on me?!?!
Nonetheless, the kiddos are about to be out of school for 2+ weeks, with just 1 week before Christmas. Do you think they’ll say “I’m bored” at some point? I’m pretty sure they will 🙂
Well, here’s a fun little craft that you can do with the kids to pass a little time, spruce up your holiday decor, and put those wine corks you’ve been saving to good use!
Pom Pom and Wine Cork Christmas trees! Lola and I made our first ones a couple of years ago and still have them. Some we give away to Lola’s friends and some we keep to take out every year for a cute, colorful decoration. Lola loves having them in her room!
It’s really easy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- different sizes of colored pom poms from the craft store – we got ours at Michael’s
- wine corks – I have in abundance for some reason 😉
- tooth picks – natural or different colors are fine
- knife for cutting wine corks
- ice pick or mini screwdriver
Here’s what you’ll do:
- On a cutting board, cut corks for varying heights, or leave some as they are. This is best left to the adults or older kids!
- Start a hole in one end of each cork with an ice pick or mini screwdriver, just deep enough for a toothpick to go in and be secure.
- “Thread” pom poms onto toothpick from large to small, leaving a little space near the bottom. Feel free to get creative with your color combinations!
- Poke bottom of toothpick into wine cork where you started hole, careful not to poke yourself!
That’s it!! Now you have cute little pom pom and wine cork trees to give or keep! Some of them come out a little wonky, but I think that’s a part of their charm 🙂