I have been drinking champagne for years (… I hope that doesn’t come across I am a raging champagne-aholic !) … and, I recently decided it was time to become adventurous in my libations. So, in a moment of connecting dots in my kitchen while looking at the ingredients I have to make a new drink, something came to mind: Is there a way I can have a little bubbly and add some fruit at the same time? Apparently so! With 5 simple ingredients, I was able to turn a simple champagne into the sweetest fizzle that had me wanting seconds … or let’s be honest, on a Thursday I wanted thirds 🙂
- 1 Cup of Blackberries
- 1 Cup of Brown Raw Sugar
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Bottle of Champagne
GARNISH INGREDIENTS (OPTIONAL):
- 4-8 Thyme Sprigs
- Champagne Flute(s)
- Measuring Cup
- Small Sauce Pouring Dish
- Servings: 4 Persons
- Preparation Time: 2 Minutes (for preparing the drink)
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes (to make the blackberry syrup)
- Serving Tips: Chilling your champagne flutes in the freezer prior to serving (for around an hour, or more) is our preferred way of enjoying this spirit chilled. If you can’t wait for an hour, our second suggestion is with a few ice cubes in each flute.
Preparing the Blackberry Syrup: The first objective in preparing this refreshing libation is to make the blackberry syrup.
- Place the saucepan onto the stove and put the heat at high-medium temperature.
- Combine the water, brown raw sugar, and blackberries into the saucepan.
- Once the ingredients are in the saucepan let it reach a light boil. Once it has started to lightly boil lower the temperature of the stove to low-simmer temperature.
- Let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes. You’ll notice the sauce begin to take the color of the blackberries, although it will be a lighter, pinkish color.
Preparing the Blackberry Champagne Delight : With now your syrup ready, you are now ready to make your drinks!
- Gather your champagne flutes and pop that cork off of the champagne bottle!
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of the blackberry sauce in each champagne flute.
- Pour your champagne into each champagne flute.
- Add 1-2 thyme sprigs into each champagne flute.
- Voila! You are ready to enjoy J