It’s Raining Cherries …Hallelujah (sing it with me ladies!) …
I am starting to add running at the park in my weekly exercise regime and I always find when I’m driving over to the park my mind immediately wonders into asking myself, “So … what’s the treat for putting yourself out in the Texas, scorching heat?”! I keep thinking it will go away – but that little question popped into my head again today – I must confess, I thought of chocolate covered cherries starts to rain in my mind 🙂 Does this mean I’m losing it? Perhaps, but I don’t mind losing it next to a cherry covered smoothie. Motivation was set – this run has nothing on me now!
What Do You Need?
- A good blender (My husband and I invested in the Vitamix last year and would never look back!)
- Measuring spoons
- Glass jar (William’s Sonoma carries good quality glass jars with lids – this has become my go-to when making smoothies because I find I will drink half of what I make and need a way to save the rest without compromising the exposure the refrigerator can give to the smoothie. They aren’t expensive either … like $5!)
- Cherries – of course 🙂 – 1 Cup (Fresh cherries, or frozen, work equally great. I sometimes opt for frozen just to add that extra chill to the smoothie, but you’re choice.)
- Protein powder with chocolate flavoring – 1 Tablespoon (I LOVE-LOVE the brand Vega.)
- Almond milk – 1 Cup (You can always substitute with any milk preference you have.)
- Acai powder – 1 Tablespoon (This gives you a healthy dose of fiber, omega fatty acids, and polyphenols)
- OPTIONAL: Straw (I’m a straw addict … I even drink my espresso with one!)
- Place your cherries into the blender.
- Put your protein powder and acai into the blender.
- Pour your almond milk into the blender.
- Put the lid onto your blender and blend away 🙂
OMG … I love this smoothie! It has become my restoration companion at the pool when I’m cooling off from my run. I can’t even get through two pictures for this blog without drinking almost all of it – LOL! I hope you enjoy and don’t forget to make your smoothie fun with a little straw 🙂